Hi all. So it is official, both Justin and I are in our 3rd decade. Justin's birthday was yesterday, and he finally caught up with me. (he loves the fact I am a fews months his elder) We had a low-key celebration Saturday evening with some friends of ours from our new church. We also spent the morning at REI purchasing a new bike for Justin. That was pretty fun. I actually would love to get a bike, but I'll have to wait a few months now!! It will be fun for us to ride together. Justin is very excited to get a baby/child carrier to pull along behind the bike! We are thinking of getting a double one so both the baby and dog can take a bike ride with Justin. Ha! I can't wait to have a picture of that.
This Thursday we fly to Nashville to visit Justin's parents and my Grandparents! We are very excited. We are both ready for a vacation, and it won't be long until it is time for our week at the beach!
I signed us up for several childbirth and parenting classes today. Our hospital has great selections! We will take a basic baby care class, a labor class, and I will take a breast feeding class. (I don't think Justin will want to participate in that one) The breast feeding class is actually at a center downtown that offers free classes. It has come highly recommended. I am also thinking of joining a new mothers support group called PACE. It might be nice to meet other moms with babies of the same age. It is often more difficult to meet people, the more people you are around (in a big city). So this might be a good way to find some community.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day week-end! Miss you all!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Justin! Welcome to your 30's!! It only gets better from here, right KT?!?! Let us know how the new moms support group goes if you join!
oxox
Missy
KT! You know, Momma can hook you up with a plethora of b-feeding knowledge, materials, etc. since that is her job at Holston Valley. I think she even has tee shirts that say "Eat at Mom's!".
Post a Comment