I am so excited about our little girl making her big debut! I am also in need of some serious pain relief, which I am assured will happen once I give birth. Today I had my 31 week appointment. It went very well! I also loved the doctor I saw, and I hope we get her when I go into labor. She was very upbeat and attentive. I also went to my first breast feeding class today. They are only 3 blocks from one another, but by the time I made it to the Breast feeding center, I was in SO much pain, I thought I couldn't make it. Ok, here is where I tell you that I seriously need some prayers. I couldn't be happier that the baby is fine. And I realize I only have a few more weeks to go. But I must say that I feel more overwhelmed right now than I ever have. And most of you know how I love to keep busy with multiple balls in the air! I have met my match. It isn't the pregnancy and the pain. That is bad and annoying, yes. What stresses me, is the daily business of living here. I am not too proud to admit that I don't think I have adapted well. Maybe it is fine without excrutiating pain, but I am not sure how to handle the dance that is trying to live and work here with little mobility. I am thankful for the bedrest for sure. Now that is is over, though, I am struggling. It is hard to explain, but the commute is just SO hard, and at the end of the day, when all I really want to do is rest, I have to pony up enough energy to make the 1 hour commute home, plus the 15 minute walk from the station to the house. I am not doing my best at work, and not doing my best at home. In general, I feel very discouraged. All they can do for me is give me narcotics, but I honestly don't feel good about taking them until the end of my pregnancy, even though I use them very sparingly. Please pray for us that this will ease up in some way, soon.
On another prayer note, my Grandmother is in the hospital. She has a seven millimeter kidney stone and now has developed pnemonia. She is being obsitnate about taking meds, so we are all very worried about her. Please pray for her, and for my parents as they are trying to care for her.
Thanks for reading my meltdown. I promise to write something happier next time! After all, this is a happy time.
Love you all.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie-I'm so sorry that you're having a terrible time in the city. I admire you and Justin for living in such an intense place!! I'm praying for all of you and your grandmother...Hope she's doing better!
oxox
Missy
Post a Comment