Yes, we have six weeks to go!! I cannot wait to meet our little girl! She is doing great. She found my ribs this week-end and is currently practicing for her opening routine on them for the dance recital she obviously plans on holding once she makes her way from the womb. I don't think she realizes some of the dance moves she has planned are not possible without amniotic fluid. But, I hate to stifle her creativity, so I haven't mentioned this to her yet.
We had a minor mishap this week-end. I had to get my wedding rings cut off my finger! It was slightly traumatic. I thought I could make it through the pregnancy with them in place, I never take them off, but it was not to be. Saturday morning my ring finger looked kind of angry with me, so I decided I had better give up the ghost and try wearing them on a chain. Not to be!! Those babies were not going to give!! We tried everything. Butter. Olive oil. Soap. Windex. Elevating my hand. Soaking my hand in ice water. The last attempt I do not suggest unless you would like to know what it might feel like to saw your finger off with a small bit of twine. That would be the little known "dental floss removal" technique. I was prepared to give up all secrets. it took Justin and both his parents assisting to try that one. The whole process of attempting to remove them was like giving birth....I even found myself employing the "breathing techniques" we learned in childbirth class last week-end! So, it ended up that we went to Zales, and had them cut. Very sad, but they can be repaired easily! My finger, on the other hand, is still in recovery. I don't suggest rings in the 8th month of pregnancy, no matter how concerned you are with looking unwed, or in as in my case: how emotionally attached you are to your rings. I'll try to post pictures later of the sad state my poor rings are in.
That's all folks. Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment